Go To Content
Current Location Home > Main Tree > News > News
  • print
  • Go Back

Damaged vehicles out of commission should apply for cessation of registration in order to avoid paying vehicle license tax

According to Local Tax Bureau, Taichung City Government, owners or users of licensed vehicles that are no longer in use should apply to the motor vehicles office for cessation of registration. The tax amount payable will be calculated by the number of days in use. Vehicles that have not been applied for cessation of registration will be deemed as in use and will be levied vehicle license tax.

The bureau further elaborated that for vehicles out of commission, being repaired or unserviceable due to accident damage or need to be scrapped, the owners should remove the license plate and take it to the moto vehicles office to apply for cessation of registration or scrapping. The vehicle license tax will be calculated until one day before the cessation or scrapping application. If the said procedure was not completed, the submission of police accident report, photos or maintenance records from private maintenance centers will not be sufficient to prove that the vehicle is out of commission, therefore the vehicle license tax will still be levied during the repair period.

If the public has any questions, please dial the toll-free service number 0800-086969 or (04) 22585000#1 for telephone customer service center, and our staff will be glad to assist you.
  • Data update: 2018-11-19
  • Publish Date: 2017-09-28
  • Source: Local Tax Bureau
  • Hit Count: 260