Go To Content
Current Location Home > Main Tree > News > News
  • print
  • Go Back

Inheriting houses without land ownership certificate, the successor must register for the title transfer of taxpayer.

The Local Tax Bureau of Taichung City Hall indicates that some citizens have inquired about inheriting houses without a landownership certificate. Their questions include how to register for the title transfer, among other relevant concerns.
As the Local Tax Bureau points out, if the decedent leaves a house unregistered, the successor must first, pay the Inheritance Tax and collect some documents issued by the National Taxation Bureau, including a copy of the proof of paid heritage tax (or tax exemption certificate) and an agreement of splitting the heritage. Second, the successor should fill out title transfer application form and give to the local tax offices to transfer the title of taxpayer.
The Local Tax Bureau reminds the people that, according the Article 22 of the House Tax Act, "Houses with unpaid house tax may not register for title transfer or creation of Dien right. The transferee of a house with unpaid house tax may pay the tax owed and then seek compensation from the taxpayer or deduct the payment from the purchase price or the Dien price."
For more information on Local Taxes, please dial toll free number 0800-086969 or dial 04-22585000 and press 1 for specialists in customer service center.
  • Data update: 2018-11-19
  • Publish Date: 2016-07-15
  • Source: Local Tax Bureau
  • Hit Count: 359